Look around Newmarket and you will notice that there are quite a number of photography studios. If you walk into the first one that you come across for your photos you may not get the best; although they all say that they are great for the job there are some that aren’t as good as they claim to be. What this means for you is that you have to know what to look for in a Newmarket photography studio. We have prepared some advice for you – if you follow these tips you will end up taking your pictures in the best photography studio in Newmarket.
• Never choose a photographer based on price; rather, your decision should be based on the quality of photography that they provide. A photo is an investment for the future so you want to get the best quality possible. Look at galleries on different websites to see what kind of photography is available – is it creative, are the photos professionally done, do you see good backgrounds etc.
• How does the studio approach their clients? There are some studios that have a bad rap when it comes to the sales process – they want them to pay first before they make the shoot. This is just wrong as you should be able to decline the photos if they don’t meet your expectations. Ideally, you want to take the shoot in a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere before you can talk about money. That said, never go in before you know how much they charge because some of them are exorbitant.
• Do you like the facilities? You want a studio that is in a good location and that has invested in high quality equipment. There are many Newmarket studios that are located in people’s home gardens and these are not likely to give you the best shots. You should also confirm that parking is available.
• Customer service is critical in the entire shooting process. The studio should give you advice before the shoot, they should show you how to pose, they should allow you to choose a product and they should even have an after-sales service.
• The canvases, frames and acrylics that they offer should be of nothing but the highest quality. You can take the best photos in the work but if they are not presented in an attractive manner they are no good. They should use top quality printing paper so that your photos can last many years.
• Who does the studio usually photograph? If you use a studio that usually deals with models to take pictures of your children things may not go so well – models don’t require as much patience and organization in photography as children do.
• Find out if they can retouch images in case you need it. Sometimes, you don’t need to take brand new photos if the first round didn’t come out so well; you can make a few tweaks on the computer and have perfect photos.