It’s no secret that all of us are trying to up our cooking/baking skills while we’re all at home! I’ve been learning new recipes every week in order to keep myself from making the same thing every week (how many times can you make chicken alfredo until you get sick of it?) My husband has transitioned from working from home to becoming an essential worker during the pandemic and of course, I want to make sure he comes home to a warm meal after all the hard work he does for us! But, what if I’m busy during the day as well?
This chicken dinner is one of my husband’s favorite meals and I love making it for him because it’s so darn easy! It may look like it takes a lot of time but really doesn’t. In today’s post, I’m going to break down how to prepare this easy meal in under one hour.
Ingredients you will need:
2 lbs of chicken thighs (with skin on)
1 pound of yellow potatoes
1 package of green beans
3 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- Cut the potatoes into quarter pieces and boil them for 5-8 minutes or until the texture becomes soft and not apple-like. Drain the potatoes and set them aside to cool.
- Prepare the green beans by rinsing/washing them in cold water and trimming the edges. Set aside.
- Lay out the chicken thighs on top of a sheet pan with the skin side facing up. Pat down the chicken thighs with a paper towel to absorb the excess moisture. In a separate bowl, mix the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika and stir until combined. Brush the oil mixture onto the chicken thighs until well coated. Place the coated chicken thighs on top a metal rack and place directly on top of the sheet pan. This prevents the chicken from swimming in the oil when it’s cooking in the oven. It’s okay if you don’t have a metal rack to place the chicken thighs on, but check on the thighs every 15 minutes to drain out any excess juices.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and place the sheet pan on the middle rack. Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, coat the potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Add a dash of parsley and toss to combine.
- Place potatoes on a separate sheet pan and place it in the oven for 20 minutes. Check on the potatoes at 10 minutes and flip them over so they cook evenly.
- Drizzle olive oil onto a non stick pan and heat on medium heat. Saute the green beans with salt and pepper for 5-7 minutes.
Carefully remove the chicken and the potatoes from the oven, assemble onto your dinner plate. And winner, winner, chicken dinner! For some extra flavor, top if off with some seasoning salt if you have any. It brings out the flavor of the chicken eve more! Pair it with beer or prosecco and it makes a nice dinner for two!
What are some of your favorite chicken recipes and let me know in the comments below if you give this recipe a try! It’s so easy not to!