Autumn in a crust.
This recipe has all the flavors and harvest veggies you love in a buttery flaky crust. It will warm you up on a cold day and become your new favorite comfort recipe.
Fall Pot Pie
- 1 LB of cubed butternut squash
- 1 TBSP of EVOO
- 3 medium sweet onions
- 3 stalks of celery
- 2 sprigs of sage, thyme and Rosemary
- 1 package of bacon
- 1 1/2 cup of milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- Heat oven to 350. Peel & cube butternut squash.
- Coat with 1 TBSP of EVOO and S&P to taste.
- Bake at 350 until tender or for 20-25 minute.
- Place bacon on baking pan with raised roasting rack.
- Bake at 350 until crispy for 20-25 minutes. Use your discretion based upon the thickness of the bacon and how crispy you enjoy it.
- Heat pan on medium-low heat on stove top.
- Add bacon grease (or 1 TBSP of EVOO).
- Add thinly sliced onions and salt to taste. Add chopped sage thyme and Rosemary.
- Cook onions on medium low heat until caramelized.
- Once onions are caramelized, add in thinly sliced celery.
- Add cookie butternut squash and crumbled bacon.
- Add milk. Raise to medium heat to bring to a simmer. Mix frequently, cook until slightly thickened or for approximately 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Scoop mixture with spoon into an oven safe dish.
- Layer puff pastry on top and create one slit for opening.
- Coat with egg wash and corse salt.
- Bake at 430 for 20-23 minutes or until puffy golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!