These Greek Style Lemon Feta Roasted Potatoes are incredibly easy to make and well worth the baking time. It’s a great dish to bring to a party or potluck!
This dish has become a regular for Robby and I. It is one of my favorite side dishes and one I often make for a dinner party. What’s so great is that you can do all the prep the day before. I mix the marinade with the diced potatoes, cover and put it the refrigerator. Then all I have to do the day of the dinner party is bake the potatoes, add the feta/pepper mix and finish baking.
These potatoes are perfect for a crisp glass of Sauvignon Blanc.
Greek Style Lemon Feta Roasted Potatoes
4 -6 Servings
- 5 Medium Sized Red Potatoes – about 2 pounds
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice about 2 1/2 Lemons
- 1/4 Cup Dry White or Rose` Wine
- 3 Cloves Garlic – minced
- 2 Shallots - minced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon Lemon Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Sheep Feta Cheese
- 1 Red Bell Pepper – roasted
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons Fresh Oregano Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Italian Parsley minced and sprinkle on top before serving. This adds a really great fresh flavor to it!
Potatoes and marinade
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes and place in cold filtered water until marinade is made.
- Measure all ingredients for the marinade into a jar.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a 9′ by 13-inch glass baking dish mix the marinade with the potatoes and stir to coat all the potatoes.
- Place in the oven on the middle rack and bake for 30 minutes (always use a timer)
- Roast the peppers on the stovetop on medium-high heat. A gas stove works the best but it will work fine on an electric stove.
- Char the peppers on all sides turning with a pair of tongs. When good and charred, steam them for 10 minutes in a covered dish or a paper bag rolled shut to hold in the steam.
- Take a paper towel and rub off the char. It’s ok to leave a little of the char.
- Slice in half and remove the seeds and stems.
- Cut into small squares.
Feta mixture and assemble
- In a medium bowl, break the feta up with a fork then stir in remaining ingredients for the feta mix and put in the refrigerator.
- When the timer goes off carefully take the potatoes out of the oven and stir well then put back into the oven and bake for 30 more minutes.
- When the potatoes have cooked the full hour take out of the oven and move the rack to the top position.
- Mix in the feta mixture into the potatoes and put back into the oven on the top rack and bake for 20 more minutes.
- Mince the Italian parsley and sprinkle on top of each serving
You can also prepare the potatoes the day before and bake them for the first hour. Bake them forthe last 20 minutes when you plan to eat them. (You may need to bake for 30 minutes if they are fresh out of the refrigerator to get them hot enough).
written by STEPH May 9, 2013