Recipe of the Month
The recipe of the month is a recipe we recommend for you to try that we have tried making or want to try making. We hope you like what we pick each month and if you have one to recommend please let us know. I love to cook and bake.
So this year I am going to be doing some freezer meal storage so I will be doing a lot of slow cooker, casserole meals and anything I can make ahead and freeze for easier meal time. So I hope you all enjoy these recipes I am going to do this year.
Today we are going to be making a TikTok Recipe. That recipe is going to be Hot Chocolate Monkey Bread.
Hot Cocoa Monkey Bread
What’s better than monkey bread with a crispy chocolaty crust? One that also has pockets of gooey marshmallows running through it.
- Level: Easy
- Total: 55 min
- Prep: 5 min
- Cook: 50 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, melted
- Two 16-ounce tubes refrigerated biscuit dough, such as Pillsbury Grands
- Four .7-ounce envelopes instant hot cocoa mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Special equipment: A 10-inch nonstick Bundt pan
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Put the butter in a medium bowl. Brush the Bundt pan with some of the butter to lightly coat.
- Cut the biscuits into quarters. Combine the hot cocoa mix and sugar in a large bowl and stir together.
- Working in batches, toss one-third of the biscuits in the melted butter, roll them in the hot cocoa mixture to lightly coat and add them to the Bundt pan so they are nestled together in an even layer; sprinkle with one-third of the marshmallows and chocolate chips. Repeat to make 2 more layers of biscuits rolled in cocoa, the marshmallows and chocolate chips. Sprinkle the top with any leftover hot cocoa mixture and drizzle with any leftover butter.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until puffed and golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes more. Loosen the bread from the sides of the pan with a knife or offset spatula. Carefully invert the pan onto a serving plate, remove the pan and serve hot.
Let me know if you guys make it and what you think.