As Fall draws near so does Pumpkin Spice season. But, being as we’re not quite there yet, I thought I’d take something seasonal to Summer, like peaches, and add it to something Fall inspired, like warm spices! This Skinny Spiced Peach Bread is the perfect segway from Summer into Fall with it’s juicy and sweet chunks of fresh peaches tucked in among the warm spices of Fall like cloves and nutmeg.
It’s pretty easy to make too and is mostly done all in one bowl. I’m pretty confident in saying that this is probably one of my favorite breakfast breads so far. It’s not overly sweet and has the freshness of the peaches there to play against the spices.
I lightened this bread up by substituting in the brown sugar blend in place of full on brown sugar. I also used an unsweetened almond milk in place of butter milk. The rest of it is pretty standard and the end result is a delicious moist peach bread that you can enjoy during these end of the Summer and start of the Fall days.
I used my peaches with the skin on still and tinted some foil over the top of it towards the end of the baking time. As you can see, I served my Skinny Spiced Peach Bread with some fresh peaches, strawberries, and a touch of butter and jam.
Skinny Spiced Peach BreadYield: 12Author: The Skinny Fork (Amanda Plott)Prep time: 10 MinCook time: 50 MinTotal time: 1 HourThis Skinny Spiced Peach Bread is the perfect segway from Summer into Fall with it’s juicy and sweet chunks of fresh peaches tucked in among the warm spices of Fall like cloves and nutmeg.
- 1 C. Stevia Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 C. Butter, Room Temperature
- 3 Whole Large Eggs
- 1 3/4 C. Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Allspice
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Cloves
- 1/2 C. Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 C. Fresh Peaches, Cut/Cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line a 9x5" loaf pan with parchment and give it a light coat of non-stick baking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl or the base of a stand mixer (fitted with the whisk attachment) beat together the 1 C. brown sugar and 1 C. butter for a full 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time, and beat again until fully incorporated or about 2-3 minutes.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk together the 1 3/4 C. flour, 1 1/2 Tsp. baking powder, 1 Tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 Tsp. salt, 1/2 Tsp. ground allspice, 1/2 Tsp. ground nutmeg, and 1/4 Tsp. ground cloves.
- Add one-third of the flour mixture and beat until just combined, then add 1/4 C. of the milk, and beat to combine. Alternate and add another third of the flour, followed by the last 1/4 C. of milk. Then add the last third of the flour mixture until just combined. Don't over mix.
- Fold in the 2 C. peaches.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and top with a bit of 'raw' or granulated sugar if desired.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Once done, remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to continue cooling.
- Slice and serve to enjoy with your favorite peach jam!
Sat. Fat (grams)10.18
Nutritional Claims: Low Potassium • Kidney Friendly • Vegetarian • Pescatarian • Peanut Free • Soy Free • Fish Free • Shellfish Free • Pork Free • Red Meat Free • Crustacean Free • Celery Free • Mustard Free • Sesame Free • Lupine Free • Mollusk Free • Alcohol Free • Kosher
Skinny Peanut Butter Bread
Skinny Strawberry Bread
Hawaiian Banana Bread
Did you make this recipe?Tag @theskinnyfork on instagram and hashtag it #theskinnyfork