Monkey bread is typically a sugar- and carb-rich bread made from refrigerated biscuit dough—all the little globs of dough piled together allow you to pull it apart and eat it in satisfying little chunks. I never thought I’d be able to enjoy this particular treat with a ketogenic lifestyle, but I’m here to tell you it is possible. This ooey-gooey breakfast is one of my daughter’s absolute favorites.
Active prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 22 minutes
3∕₄ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3∕₄ cup coconut flour
3 tablespoons granular erythritol
1∕₂ teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 tablespoons chopped pecans
3 tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee
3 tablespoons ChocZero maple syrup (or sugar-free syrup of your choice)
1∕₂ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Generously coat a 3-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray.
2. In a microwave-safe medium bowl, combine the mozzarella cheese and the cream cheese. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave for 30 seconds more. Stir, then add the egg and coconut flour and stir until well combined. Use clean hands to shape into a ball. (If the dough is sticky, sprinkle with a little additional coconut flour.)
3. Cut two pieces of parchment paper and coat with cooking spray. Place the dough between the parchment and roll into a 6-inch square about 1∕₂ inch thick. Cut the dough into 24 pieces.
4. In a gallon-size resealable plastic bag, combine the erythritol and cinnamon. Add 8 pieces of dough and shake to coat. Arrange the coated pieces in the Bundt pan. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons ofthe pecans. Repeat with the remaining spice mixture, dough pieces, and the remaining 2 tablespoons pecans. Make a final layer of dough.
5. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and Choc-Zero. Microwave for 30 seconds or until the butter is melted and the mixture is bubbling. Stir in the vanilla. Pour over the dough mixture in the pan. Cover the pan with foil.
6. Pour 1 cup water into the Instant Pot. Place a trivet with handles in the pot and place the Bundt pan on the trivet. Secure the lid and close the pressure-release valve. Set the pot to HIGH pressure for 22 minutes. At the end of the cooking time, quick-release the pressure.
7. Carefully remove the pan from the pot. Cool the monkey bread in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert the bread onto a plate. Cool for 10 minutes.
Per serving: Calories: 250 • Total Fat: 22 g • Protein: 8 g • Total Carbs: 18 g • Fiber: 9 g • Erythritol: 6 g • Net Carbs: 3 g
IF YOU LIKE INSTANT POT RECIPES CHECK OUT KETO IN AN INSTANT
Take you keto-friendly brunch to the next level with these recipes!
Click on the photo to link to the recipe.
#KetogenicMommyBlogger #LowCarbFoodBlogger #KetogenicFoodBlogger #LowCarbMommyBlogger